Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Monday, March 21, 2016

We must have Courage and be Kind. .

     We are always reminded about keeping the Sabbath Holy, and it does way on our minds as we try to keep it holy.   Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley said:  "If you have and doubt about the wisdom, the divinity of observing the Sabbath day, stay away from the stores on Sunday, stay away from the markets, stay home and gather your family about you.  Teach them the gospel, enjoy yourselves together on the Sabbath day, come to your meetings, participate.   You will know that the principle of the Sabbath is a true principle which brings with it great blessings."

     As Elder Horlacher has been talking about Carthage and our new assignment, I am so grateful for this opportunity to talk about Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum.  There is a quote from Joseph, it is found in Joseph Smith History 1:25:  "So it was with me.  I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth?  I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen?  For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it,  neither dared I do it, at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation."  I share this with our visitors at the end of my tours each day.   And I bare testimony that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God.   I truly feel of his spirit each day as I serve at Carthage.   Joseph Smith is a prophet of God in the latter days, or he is not.   It is as simple as that. . .

     As we serve our mission we have many opportunities to learn about enduring.  ha ha    There are some days when we are concerned about doing that one more thing.  Here is a quote from Pres. Thomas S. Monson:  "What does it mean to endure?  I love this definition:  to withstand with courage.  Courage may be necessary for you to believe: it will at times be necessary as you obey.  It will most certainly be required as you endure until that day when you will leave this mortal existence."  We must all have courage.   Have any of you seen the new movie Cinderella from Disney?  If not you must see it,  her mother tells her she must have courage and be kind.  What a wonderful concept.

     We love you all so very much,   You are our family and friends and " we must cherish one another, comfort one another and gain instruction that we may all sit down in heaven together".   Lucy Mack Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment