Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A few odds and ends! ! !


Main Street in Old Nauvoo, an other flower pot, the Cultural Hall where Rendezvous is performed nightly.  Elder and Sister Horlacher with their wagon loaded on the fairy ready to cross the river.  
Sister Horlacher weaving, actually it is very relaxing.                                                                        
 
   
 
  





Even though this is not a sunset, it was very beautiful!


This week I had an interesting experience while at the blacksmith shop.  The picture at the bottom is of a family which our son Charles taught while on his mission in Wisconsin.  They asked about my name tag and wondered if I knew if  there had ever been a missionary with that last name serving in Racine, WI?  I told them about Charles and the connection was made.  He had taught them but they were not baptized until after Charles was transferred.  We had such a wonderful visit and I was so excited that I called Charles to tell him.  It is a thrill to learn of my sons missionary success. Our world is very small when we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I also had an experience with some folks from Sweden and Norway.  I tried to make a connection with Denmark but they said that they also couldn't speak Danish either! (Ha..Duaine..I'm trying)



No comments:

Post a Comment